One Final Blog…
We are something like 9 hours away from Ft. Lauderdale and I am sitting here waiting for people to get back to my room to have one last night to hang out. I figure now is as good of a time as any to write a closing blog.
I want to take this time to first of all say that I have never for even a second doubted whether I was meant to or should go on Semester at Sea. This program has been a constant blessing for me and while it came with its struggles financially, logistically, and stress wise, I have never done anything in my life that I consider to be as one hundred percent worthwhile as this. I would recommend the program in a heartbeat to anyone but the most introverted of introverts, and even they would have a hard time disliking this.
I have come to love the MV Explorer, and while the nights get boring often, the people are truly what make the voyage. The crew is great, the faculty is great, and the students are unbelievable. There are hundreds of awesome people on this ship and my only regret would be that I couldn’t have the time to be friends with all of them. I will miss everyone from this trip so much that it isn’t funny. I know so many people from all over the country now though that my travel schedule for the rest of my life will have no limits and no end.
I would like to thank this opportunity to thank the people who I was blessed enough to travel with throughout the voyage. Some of you I hung out with more toward the start of the voyage and I’m sorry if we lost touch, you all are awesome. Those of you who I got to know more as the voyage progressed, thank you for all of our adventures.
And to those who I have been with almost constantly for the last month and a half, You guys have meant everything to me. It is going to be beyond weird to be at home and not see you guys constantly. I literally have seen some of you for 6 hours a day (or more) for the last two months and even if we haven’t known each other for years, I consider you some of my closest friends and we BETTER keep in touch after this.
The ship is officially parked in Ft. Lauderdale and we are probably 20 minutes from getting off so here is a final travel quote to finish up this blog with. I might update it again from home with thoughts on how I adjust, but I wouldn’t count on it. This will probably be my last blog here. If anyone runs into this and wants to keep in touch, you know how to find me on Facebook, Thomas Malinowsky, or drop me an email at Tmalinowsky@gmail.com.
“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.”
-George Moore

0 comments:
Post a Comment