Monday, January 25, 2010

Hawaii Tomorrow!

Hey all, here's a quick update.
 
Tomorrow morning at 6 am we pull into Hilo, Hawaii. My time is pretty free, but I have some good ideas of things that I want to do, so I'll be sure to post again and let everyone know about what happens. Everyone is really excited to get off the ship though. It's only been 7 days, but it feels like we have been on for weeks.
 
A couple of other things from my week:
 
1. If anyone who reads this does Yoga consistently then I have a great deal of respect for you. I tried it the other day in a "beginners" class (like 100 people showed up), and it nearly killed me.
 
2. It continues to amaze me how many different ways people find to fill their time when pretty much all aspects of "home" are pulled from them. It's really cool that conversations, games, and homework has pretty much taken 100% of the time filled by computers, TV, phones, video games, and work and pretty much no one complains.
 
3. Found out we aren't allowed to go skydiving or we face punishment. I was planning on it but will live without.
 
4. All of my roommates are awesome. It's neat how we are all pretty much opposites, but get along so well.
 
5. Everyone deserves the chance to live in a community filled with people who are 110% open to making new friends. It is a shame how back home we get caught up in routines and miss out on literally dozens of potential friendships that could start with a simple "Mind if I sit here"
 
Hope everyone has a good week, I'll be in Hawaii until Thursday so look for an update after that. As always, keep in touch!
 
Thomas

0 comments: